As usual, the kids get overly excited about the Fourth of July, as they do every holiday. Seriously, their expectations for every holiday are so high that the actual holiday can never live up to their hype. Also, where do they get this from? Is it my fault? Do I overdo every holiday? Sigh.
Fourth of July 2015 was extra fun though, because Grandma Terry flew in from LA the very day of the holiday (remember, Stayc was in China during this time?). For breakfast, I came down to Lutece's very own homemade patriotic pancakes.
The kids and I took a walk at the Arboretum in the morning to expend some energy and get outdoors while we waited for Grandma's flight.
Then we made a patriotic cake . . .
It looks good, but if I remember correctly, it was just ok tasting :). When Grandma got in, we had dinner, ate the cake, and then set off the fireworks from the package in the first picture. They always seem to get more of a kick out of cheap fireworks they can set off themselves rather than the big shows they just have to watch.
While Grandma was in town, we drove down to Berea and did a little shopping in the arts and crafts shops.
We took some girly pictures on the butterfly bench, and I'm trying to figure out where Phoenix was for all of this . . . Hmmm.
Last, but certainly not least, we did the hike at Anglin Falls that the kids absolutely love. It was fun to have Grandma here with us for a week (and a serious relief for me!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So many posts. I was feeling guilty than I worked out that you hadn't posted in about a year. That makes me feel better for missing these when they appeared.
ReplyDelete